Improv Class Syllabus
Prepared by Ms. Jenn
This class will be about getting out of comfort zones and allowing silliness to be the norm. Inside the classroom, everyone will learn the 5 rules to doing improvisation and how to develop a scene with a classmate. These rules will be taught through the use of interactive games. With practice and encouragement the class will have the opportunity to perform in the Improv Showcase. Sometimes the scenes will fall flat, and sometimes there will be pure genius. Either way, the show must go on!
- Learn the 5 rules to improv (C.L.A.S.S.).
- Exhibit each rule Commit, Listen, Agree, Say yes, Support
- Become more observant and engaged
- Overcome fears of embarrassment
- Be on time to all classes
- Be willing to go with the flow
- Be trusting of classmates and instructor(s)
- Be ready to play both group and pair games
- Lose a little bit of stage fright
- Perform in the Improv Showcase
- Be open to a new experience
YOU’RE NOT REQUIRED
- To feel confident
- To feel excited
- To be funny
Be respectful, kind, and courteous.
Be brave, courageous, and let your creativity flow!